High-rise buildings in Lahore are becoming popular due to the increasing demand for residential and business spaces. However, for the construction of tall buildings, whether mix-use, residential or commercial, a legal set of rules must be followed for orderly development. Building bylaws in Lahore are created and implemented by Lahore Development Authority.
These bylaws include various safety measures and planning related to height, amenities, coverage, limitations, etc. High-rise building construction rules and regulations ensure that the development process adheres to safety, quality, and aesthetic standards.
Do you know that CLC blocks can be used to build high-rise buildings? They are earthquake-safe and heat-resistant too, read this guide on CLC blocks to know more about them.
High Rise Building Construction Rules in Lahore 2023
Lahore Development Authority approved new high-rise building construction rules in Lahore for the year 2023. These rules are formulated under multiple policies that all the builders must follow to avoid environmental, safety, and other issues due to high-rise buildings. Let’s consider Lahore high-rise building construction rules set by LDA.
Areas & Land For Building Construction
This includes the land and area on which constructing a high-rise building is legal according to LDA new rules and regulations for building construction in Lahore.
1. Building constructions are not allowed in specific parts of approved private housing schemes.
2. The developers cannot pursue building construction on fertile lands; otherwise, serious actions will be taken.
3. High-rise building construction can be done on 30 feet to 80 feet wide roads.
As per the LDA bye-laws, the high-rise buildings can be constructed on the following roads of Lahore.
1. Raiwind Road
2. Burki Road
3. Thokar Niaz Baig to DHA
4. Shaukat Khanum to Khayaban-e-Jinnah
5. Johar Town Bypass Road
6. Moden Town Link Road
7. PIA Road Extension
8. Zafar Ali Road
9. Jail Road
10. Canal Bank Road
11. Shahkam Chowk
12. Multan Road
13. Maulana Shauqat Ali Road
14. Railway Crossing
The LDA has revised the building height rules despite Lahore’s growing demand for apartment and commercial hubs. Previously, high-rise building construction was allowed only On 4 Kanal land plots. The building can go higher as much as 36 feet on 1 Kanal or less than 1 Kanal plot. Now, the landowners are allowed to make skyscrapers in Lahore even on small size plots.
Residential Building Height Limit
1. On 4 Kanal or less than 4 Kanal plots, the building height limit is 120 feet. This is equal to 9 floors along with the ground floor.
2. On 4 Kanal plots, buildings can go 200 feet higher. This includes a service floor along with 14 floors.
3. Plot owners of 8 Kanal to less than 12 Kanal can make 300 feet high-rise buildings in Lahore. This includes approximately 25 floors.
|4 Kanal or Less
|Building Height Limit
|4 Kanal to Less than 8 Kanal
|Building Height Limit
|8 Kanal to Less than 12 Kanal
|Building Height Limit
Commercial Building Height Limit
Apart from the high-end zones of Lahore, the height limit rules are applied to the construction of commercial buildings in housing societies or other areas of Lahore.
|10 Marla to 1 Kanal
|1 Kanal to 2 Kanal
|2 Kanal to 4 Kanal
|4 Kanal to 8 Kanal
|More than 8 Kanal
LDA has defined some safety measures and regulations for commercial and residential skyscrapers. The developers and constructors must consider these regulations while constructing high-rise or multi-story buildings in Lahore. LDA building safety rules are as follows!
- The structure must be exceptionally strong with a high weight-bearing capacity
- Steel reinforcement inside the concrete building structure
- Steel pilling foundations
- Buildings must include a safe and advanced fire-fighting system along with an air ventilation system
- To prevent disasters, the buildings should have earthquake-resilient structure
- Suitable evacuation routes in multiple areas of a building for emergency exit
To keep the city sustainable, high-rise building constructions must be accomplished according to certain eco-friendly rules and regulations. LDA-defined eco-friendly rules for buildings are as follows!
- High-rise buildings must have rainwater harvesting and water treatment plants
- Rooftop solar panel systems are highly encouraged
- Growing plants and trees around the building are mandatory
- Rooftop gardens are also encouraged by LDA
Facilities & Features
Highrise buildings must have sufficient facilities and features for efficient living and commercial activities. According to LDA latest rules for high-rise building construction in Lahore, these developments must include the following amenities and facilities!
- The building owners must include solar-generated energy as an alternative to generators in case of an electricity shortage
- Efficient parking spaces are mandatory
- There must be spacious lobbies and hallways
- Water storage facilities are essential
- Firefighting and advanced sewerage system
- Recreational facilities are also encouraged
LDA new laws for high-rise building construction 2023 are more flexible that promote such projects according to certain regulations. These spaces will offer people numerous living, business, and commercial opportunities. If any developer or contractor fails to comply with the high-rise building construction according to LDA-defined rules, the concerned authorities and law will take serious action.
Real Estate Website: www.maanestate.com